Web and mobile apps are revolutionizing the businesses by simplifying and speeding up the procedures. If you too are planning to have one for your enterprise, you would come across two options: off-the shelf, which you need to download or buy, and custom-made, which are developed to serve your specific requirements. While there is already a myriad of feature-rich apps which serve various purposes, many corporates prefer to have custom apps, as the later are far more beneficial and efficient in carrying out business operations. Custom applications helps you to run your business exactly the way you want to.
Some of the noteworthy advantages of custom applications that corporates can enjoy include:
1. Custom applications are developed, keeping in mind your unique business requirements. Picking up an off-the-shelf application might overload you with unnecessary features or you may find that it serves most of the purposes but not all. Every company has a different working style and custom apps are so designed that they fit in specific work environments to ease tasks and increase output.
2. Custom apps are scalable and can adjust themselves as per the needs. Off-the-shelf apps usually have limited number of processes and resources which eventually become incapable of taking the load if your business is growing.
3. Custom apps are designed in accordance to the company infrastructure and thus integrate smoothly with the existing software. Businesses require multiple software and these apps allows easy integration with them to accomplish multiple tasks efficiently.
4. Data security is an important concern of every business. Apps purchased or downloaded may lack in specialized security features, putting your business at risk. Custom apps, on the other hand, are equipped with specific security features that your company needs, to protect how and what you want to. Also, the features of off-the-shelf apps are known to hackers, whereas in case of custom apps, it becomes difficult for them to find out how to breach the system.
5. Custom apps also omit hardware acquisition costs. Purchasing or downloading apps usually requires buying additional suitable hardware to run them. However, custom applications are developed to run on your existing hardware, which saves a lot of expenses.
6. With custom applications for your business, you get prompt and efficient technical support. The team involved in developing your app provides excellent support and resolves the issues in minimal time. Maintaining the application also becomes hassle free.
7. These apps make work on the move easier, as you can synchronize your phone with your desktop and access work documents. Retrieving and sharing brochures and contracts with clients also becomes easy.
8. They also play a major role in improving customer relationship by allowing you to send personalized updates regarding your products and services to the existing customers. The apps also let you access client details and help to maintain a long term relationship with customers.
Custom applications offer a plethora of advantages by automating different business processes and enhancing efficiency, productivity and usability. There are companies that develop excellent custom applications to serve various purposes in the best possible way. However, to get a profitable one you need to have a close communication with the developers and explain how exactly you want to carry out the operations in your business.