“Websites promote you 24/7: No employee will do that” -Paul Cookson
Your website will promote your business or idea round-the-clock with absolutely no time constraints. You wouldn’t be required to shut it down like your physical office or shop after the working hours get over. It would be available for anyone to see even at the oddest hour. After your website goes live, it could be seen as a permanent face of your firm.
Isn’t this a solid enough reason to spend some good thoughtful amount of time in getting your website built so that it comes out as effective?
Here, I have compiled a list of some amazing hacks and tips that you can make use of, in order to make your website successful:
- Keep your website simplistic by removing all needless elements from the design, content, and code. Push the less important things below the fold. Try making a clean layout, using minimal color scheme and lots of white space. The navigation should be intuitive and trouble free, and there should be an easy-to-find link to your homepage.
- Talk like a human on your website. The content should be in a human-friendly language, not some artificial language which no human would speak in real life.
- Include lots of white space on your web pages, especially the home page. This is a good design trend to draw attention to specific objects, links, content, images, etc.
- Avoid media website design mistakes. You can do so by using ads appropriately and minimally. Avoid using intrusive pop-ups so that the visitors aren’t bombarded with them. Make things and content on your website easily findable by providing a search box. Make sure you offer clear readability to your visitors and never forget to get your website updated frequently.
- Use killer SEO (search engine optimization) for your website. All website content should be SEO friendly so that your website and or web pages appear in a search engine’s topmost search results.
- Use Google analytics to understand the demographics of your site visitors, measure your site’s traffic, and know what content on your website is responsible for converting your leads.
- Your website’s pages should be quick-to-load. They shouldn’t test the user’s patience or you’ll end up losing your visitors forever.
- An absolutely essential design trend in today’s time is a website’s responsiveness. Ensure that your website is responsive so that the site doesn’t go down on being opened via any of the devices that people use for browsing your content.
- Use multimedia-rich content to capture the attention of your visitors and entice them. You can use videos, images, and other visuals & graphics to put forward an interesting looking website and increase your traffic. However, they all should be optimized and used in moderation so that the website’s performance doesn’t get damaged.
- Typography should be simple and not more than two different types of typefaces should be used since they would look unprofessional and confusing.
- Color scheme should be carefully planned. In places where you would want to use vibrant colors, use them sparingly. For most space of the web page, you could try using complimentary or contrasting colors.
- Keep your website updated at regular time intervals to keep it stay on top of the latest coding standards, browser compatibility updates, and search engine algorithms.
- Do not rely too heavily on pre-made templates since they do not look unique and also they include bloated code and unnecessary design elements. Many of them are inflexible as they do not allow for many changes to be made to them. A much better option would be to get a website or web application custom-made by a leading and highly competitive web development company according to your business needs.
- Toughen up your website’s access control in order to protect everything that you do not want your hackers to see.
- Expose the features and functionalities of your website by giving the users a clear perspective of the functions available on the page.
- Ensure all the links on your website are working. The broken links, if any, can be checked with the help of website link checkers and can be fixed.
- CTA buttons should be clear, easily findable, descriptive, and bright colored. There should be multiple CTA buttons.
- Keep everything backed up in multiple locations for those unfortunate time when there are system failures, and your important data needs to be protected and retrieved. For this, you can take some cloud service for your website’s backup, for example, Amazon Web Services (AWS).