“Technology is when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg
This is what cloud-based video conferencing does, it brings people together.
Video conferencing lets two or more people at different locations and sites conduct a meeting using different audio-visual devices and systems via an active internet connection.
Cloud-based video conferencing solutions differ from traditional on-premise video conferencing solutions in the way that cloud-based ones do not require the deployment of any expensive infrastructure. The service provider manages it and thus, there is no further pressure or burden on the IT team to do the same.
All that the business would need is an active internet connection and audio visual devices. Some of the popular video conferencing tools that are cloud-based include Google Hangouts, Skype, Gotomeeting, Facetime, WebEx, Zoom, Adobe Connect,
How Cloud-Based Video Conferencing Solutions Assist Remote Workers
- Cloud-based video conferencing solutions let users share their screens with remote workers in real-time. This allows remote workers to work collaboratively in an effective manner.
- Employees can remotely access one another’s desktops and manage files, use available resources, or do anything with the desktop as if they were sitting in front of it at that time.
- Cloud-based video conferencing solutions let organizations broadcast conferences to large groups of passive viewers.
- These solutions support multi-party meetings with which it becomes possible to carry out large events (for example training sessions, conferences, workshops, webinars, video events, etc.) by allowing thousands of interactive participants to conduct meetings.
- The meeting sessions can be recorded and neatly organized in the video library, and employees can refer to them or share them at a point of time when required.
- With these conferencing solutions, workers in different locations and sites can connect within minutes. This saves a considerable amount of workers’ time which otherwise would go waste in traveling extensively for business meetings.
- Workers are not required to leave office in order to make good relationships with their colleagues, partners, suppliers, and customers who put up and work at different locations. This makes the meetings more personal and promotes internal and external relationships since participants can communicate face-to-face in real-time.
- These solutions facilitate increased work efficiency by allowing remote workers to work collaboratively and communicate seamlessly.
Some More Benefits That These Solutions Offer
- Cost Savings for your enterprise- Cloud-based video conferencing solutions save a lot of expenses such as recruitment and training expenses, operation costs, traveling expenses, utility bills, conference space rentals, and much more. They help save office space by providing large virtual meeting rooms, thereby eliminating the need to deploy expensive infrastructure. This further reduces the maintenance costs and lower IT budgets.
- Secure meetings- You can conduct your meetings with your coworkers, partners, suppliers, and customers securely since these solutions are supported with encryption, thus making the sessions accessible only between the parties involved.
- Support a range of devices- These solutions support a wide range of devices and integrations.
- Ensure interoperability– These cloud-based video conferencing solutions stand out from traditional on-premise video conferencing solutions by ensuring interoperability. They let remote workers and users connect and carry out all the functions of video conferencing irrespective of their devices, systems, and applications.
- Simpler management- The IT department is not burdened with managing these solutions since the service provider manages and maintains them, the IT teams are only required to manage the company equipment and technology. The entire video environment gets managed and updated from a remote space by the cloud service provider.
- Automated software updates– Organizations using these solutions never have to worry about outdated software since they ensure that feature updates are automatically pushed to all connected systems and apps.
- Improved compatibility– Different companies have different policies in terms of what devices the employees are required to use. Some prefer their employees working on the model of BYOD (bring-your-own-device), while others prefer them using company-compatible devices. With these cloud-based video conferencing solutions, all employees are able to interact irrespective of what device they use. This further improves an organization’s internal collaboration.
- Scalability– With these solutions, companies can adjust the number of users as required. They wouldn’t be restricted to purchase a large nu For example, if you plan to expand your company, the number of employees and users would also increase. The company can start by purchasing a limited number of seats but as the number of users increases, it can purchase more seats at the required time.