The real estate market is extremely profitable. It is being reshaped by technology. From realtors to customers, everyone can benefit from a real estate app. These apps are a great way to improve the flow of information thereby increasing your revenue. This article discusses all the important aspects of a real estate app.
Why is it necessary to have a real estate mobile app?
In the real estate industry, mobile devices are becoming increasingly popular. Agents and clients alike do numerous work on the go, which comes as no surprise. Both parties must make a good deal when it comes to real estate and that’s why it is so important for modern property companies to utilize real estate app development.
Your mobile app will help you stand out from the competition. The more engaging and useful the app experience, the more likely your potential customer will select you over the competition. Let’s start by exploring the benefits of developing a real estate app.
Benefits of Real Estate Apps
Real estate businesses are hiring mobile app development companies to advertise their properties to a multitude of property buyers. Most real estate agencies have developed apps to increase sales and make their customers’ lives easier. To get started, let us define some advantages:
- A faster sales cycle: In addition to connecting real estate agents and customers at the right time, a real estate app will help speed up the sale process as well. All app users can get notification alerts whenever a property is listed online and they can also show their interest immediately, thereby increasing the reach of the property within minutes. By using customized solutions, agents can accelerate the sales process. Features such as virtual tours, allowing digital signatures, transfers of documents make the whole process of finding properties extremely convenient.
- Increase your clients’ satisfaction: In general, the purchase of a home is one of the largest purchases people make in their lifetime. In recent times there are many apps available for buyers to fulfill this dream. End-user concerns must be addressed when designing an app. Lack of time, failure to find up-to-date property information, and trying to find a property within a customer’s budget and other specifics is a major difficulty for many customers, especially when comparing properties. But real estate mobile apps really help customers by transforming them into an enjoyable purchasing experience.
- 24/7 Connectivity: Many homebuyers are millennials who spend a lot of time online. Besides, some potential customers might not be available in your time zone. In our ever-changing world, many people enjoy using new technology. Therefore to ensure customer satisfaction brokers and real estate agents should be approachable to their clients nearly all the time.
- Extended Market Reach: Internet access is a necessity for half of the generation. Online marketplaces have proven to be effective for users these days. Reach is an important factor for every company. The best way to get a lot of exposure for your app is to use the app marketing strategy. All people who have downloaded the app will see the listing you post on it. Your property’s reach will increase the probability of it being sold. The business will be greatly benefited in this way. The internet is becoming more and more popular among people of all ages, so there is a need for an app that has a variety of features that can be offered.
- A simple way to build your brand identity: Customers are attracted to brands with strong identities. A real estate app effectively builds your brand’s identity in front of potential buyers and tenants. Not just that it will also help build your brand’s personality. You can stand out from other apps by figuring out what makes yours unique. As a norm, each company is aware of what mistakes they should avoid. Sometimes, competitors will make similar mistakes, so be alert and pay attention to as much detail as possible.
Real Estate App Ideas And Types.
If you are also planning to invest in enterprise applications then here are some innovative ideas that can be used to create a perfect business application for your real estate business.
- Property Management App: As real estate agents manage many properties at once, they often look for an app development company to help them create a solution that will help them manage their property objects. To be able to browse property listings anytime is essential today, as it provides insight into an object’s status and the details of its sale. Relevant features can also include options to update your listings as soon as new properties are available and remove already booked ones.
- Property Information App: Before buying or renting a property many people want to review the neighborhood and other nearby local locations, from construction to old houses. Property information apps allow users to find properties in different neighborhoods based on various categories. A clear and concise description of the property is vital for a successful sale.
- Buying Or Renting through A Home App: You can also develop a buying and renting app as it will be very effective and profitable for your real estate business. Apps like these are designed solely for buyers and tenants. Most buyers and renters find the process of buying or renting a home to be tedious and complex because of lengthy paperwork and site visits. The communication is often poor and the process of finding a property can be very lengthy with manual methods. A buying and renting application is the perfect solution.
- The Real Estate Agent’s Guide to Mobile Solutions: In addition to facilitating communication between agents, agents can use real estate mobile applications to manage documents and property portfolios as well. Furthermore, reducing agents’ legwork, these applications can substantially ease their paperwork burden.
Must-Have Features for Real Estate Mobile App.
App developers aim to make the selling or buying process easier and more convenient for users by developing real estate applications. Incorporating the latest features and trends into your application is crucial. Here is a list of some basic features that your real estate app should have.
- Signup and Login: A real estate app have to be easy to use and the user onboarding process is the most important part. To sign in, you can use a social media account. Also, phone numbers and emails can be used for registration. Users can sign up for your app in any way they prefer. It is also a good idea to combine all the above options. By making the registration process even simpler, users will benefit from convenience and flexibility.
- User’s Profile (Users, Sellers, and Agents): It would be helpful if users were able to create their profiles in the app so that they can take part in different activities. Each set of users should have a different profile. When viewing a buyer’s profile, the options displayed will be different from those displayed when viewing an agent’s profile. The buyer will have access to the home listings, view individual listings in detail, and make inquiries. Agents, on the other hand, can see their listings, schedules, list of interested buyers, and the number of people who view a specific listing.
- Listings and Databases: In a real estate application, the database is a vital part. The more property cards you fill up in your database, the more likely you are to succeed. Property owners should be able to list their property with ease if they wish to rent or sell their property. For any property app, a strong and secure database is essential.
- Detailed Property System: Maintaining a detailed database of properties is imperative. A customer can know and verify the details of a property from the admin database by choosing from the various choices. A customer can select properties based on the location of the property, the neighborhood, the price, the square footage, and whether the house is fully furnished or newly constructed.
- Property Cost Calculators: Mobile apps for real estate can include price calculators. A cost estimation feature can be added to developers’ applications to help users estimate the price of a property. Ensure you have a detailed calculator. Allow users to determine the total house price, the initial payment amount, the loan interest rate, the EMI, and the total payment.
- Search and Filter Functionality: Some keywords are required when looking for properties, like the property’s name, location, etc. Users can retrieve data by merely using appropriate keywords. Real estate apps with filters require considerable development time because there are so many filters to choose from. You can use these filters to find properties based on location, size, price, type of property (bungalow, apartment, office, etc. ), rent or buy, terrace, number of rooms, age, parking, etc. These filters make it possible for the user to find the right property quickly.
- Messaging And Communication System: A comprehensive instant messaging system would help to facilitate communication between home buyers, agents, and agencies. Furthermore, they must be able to send files and attachments, not just texts and emails. Voice and video calls are also highly recommended to provide more communication options.
- Favorites: Favorite lists allow users to keep track of their most favorite properties. By doing so, they can make better decisions. Such features in a real estate app will be popular as customers enjoy the experience, and as a result, you will gain some marketing power too.
- Interactive Map and Navigation: Developers must implement this feature. Maps are connected through third-party integration. A feature like this facilitates customer accessibility to a given destination. It is especially helpful for individuals new to the city as the map tells them the journey in its entirety. Map-based suggestions can also be made based on the user’s location.
- Push Notifications: You can keep your customers informed and retain them with push notifications. In addition, it can be used to promote your business effectively. It is useful to send industry news to prospects and contacts every so often using push notifications. The users can be notified when a new property is added to a specific location or the prices change. However, push notifications must be personalized for them to provide the maximum benefit. Ensure that the messages are relevant to your users and provide them with value.
- In-built Calendar: The calendar feature allows buyers and agents to arrange appointments or viewings. Their properties can be booked through the app that displays available dates. Also, agents can check their automated calendar to see which appointments are scheduled by checking their time management. A reminder can be sent to both parties with an event calendar.
- Virtual Tour: You can give buyers an incredible assessment of the home they’re considering by offering a virtual tour or 3D walkthrough. A 3D visualization of such a tour gives people the opportunity to peruse the objects, and if they find them interesting, they may proceed to a real-world visit. There is a lot of value in this feature as both parties will save time.
- Analytics: One of the most important features of any mobile application is analytics. The interaction between your business app and the end-users is important when designing a real estate marketplace where users can buy, sell and rent their properties. Analytics provides important insights about how to improve your app’s performance and how to measure its success. By looking at the number of times users spend on specific screens, you can get useful information about the users. You can make better decisions about your app based on this data.
Real estate app development is well suited to assist all parties involved in the process of finding and selecting the perfect property. It has made finding houses, flats, and other properties easier. With these applications, users can search for properties anywhere in the world from the comfort of their homes.
The security of a mobile app is important not just because insecure mobile apps make the end-user vulnerable but also because it strengthens the app, thereby ensuring the peace of mind of the development team as well as of the people who own the app. In reality, many inexperienced app development teams start considering this very late in the development process. This article explains the 10 most important security aspects one should keep in mind while developing a mobile app.
1. Lack of Understanding of the Operating System and its Usage
The risk generally arises when the developer misuses a feature of the operating system or fails to use the OS security controls appropriately. This could also arise because of Android intentions, platform permissions, or keychains, as well as other security controls built in the platform. Apps affected by this issue can suffer a severe impact, as it is very common and can be easily detected by hackers and crackers.
The risks involved:
Applications can accidentally or otherwise cause a platform to be vulnerable in several ways. There can be issues not only with the apps themselves but also with the OS.
Improper platform usage can be seen in examples such as:
Exploiting Android Intent for Data Leakage Apps and the Android platform communicate through the Android intent system. A device’s intents can be mishandled and misused by an attacker to expose protected data or to execute unintended actions.
Permissions for Android files In the Android ecosystem, many apps are primarily designed to steal information from the user’s intent. These apps can analyze URL patterns and user information as they are transmitted between a genuine app and an Android component.
IOS Keychain RiskiOS’ secure Keychain should be used to store all sensitive and security data, including passwords, keys, and certificates. Apps that store sensitive data in-app local storage are more vulnerable to being hacked.
IOS TouchID Risk By adding this layer of verification, iOS users can use their devices more securely. App developers, however, may store the fingerprint incorrectly (such as with LocalAuthentication), which is difficult to detect.
What can be done to prevent this risk?
It is essential to understand and strictly follow platform development guidelines so as not to create vulnerabilities. To prevent loose implementation of controls, it is recommended to follow best practices when creating features like iOS Keychain, Touch ID, and Android Intents. The user can also restrict apps from communicating with other apps, so they do not become major exploits and/or cause significant damage to their reputation.
2. Secure the Network Connections
Servers that access mobile apps must have proper security measures in place so they can protect data
and prevent any unauthorized access. Anyone accessing a server must verify it. By following simple
steps, one can safeguard important data passed from client to server and vice versa.
In addition to adding extra security through VPNs (virtual private networks), consideration can be given to other security measures such as containerization, which allows you to create encrypted containers to store data. Securing data correctly is quite important since network connections are commonly used for data leakage.
3. Reduce Storage of Sensitive Data.
Ensure that you only store as little data as required within your services or on a device. The risk levels are only raised by these. Data protection must be properly understood and data should be protected in many ways, depending on the company’s needs, including establishing rules for handling it,
implementing technical controls to ensure it is properly handled, and educating users on how to keep
the data secure.
Ensure that sensitive data is stored in the server database, and store only non-sensitive information that is needed to run the application. To ensure your users can accomplish their tasks while offline, it is recommended to determine what data will be required to complete their tasks. Further the data should be encrypted and all sensitive information should be either removed or kept to bare minimum.
4. Restrain Data from Leaking
Every mobile application asks for permission to access certain data from the app users. Also, users ignore permissions when downloading and installing applications, as they accept them without going into the details. Bad data security practices or accidental data leaks are some of the most common causes of data leaks.
Use secure providers, advertise to the public, and set up alerts whenever a data breach is suspected.
Apps with many customers are releasing their clients’ data without the knowledge of the user. To prevent data theft, ensure that the data being collected in the background is not accessible by other
users or unwanted people.
5. Use High Level Authentication
An adversary can log into the app with default credentials if a mobile device fails to recognize user credentials correctly. By faking or bypassing authentication protocols that may be wrongly implemented or missing, the attackers can directly access servers during the hack through malware on the device or botnets, without having to communicate with the app directly.
A malicious actor can access functions and transactions within a mobile app or backend server if the
authentication procedures of the app or server can be bypassed, thereby risking material theft and data
theft if an attacker gains additional privileges. This type of breach will definitely damage the customers’ trust.
Mobile app authentication can be poor in many ways:
- The requirement of only four digits for password authentication is weak.
- Devices that store passwords for mobile apps might be compromised.
- Local authentication, as opposed to requiring internet access, particularly when offline use is required.
- It may not require access tokens for execution requests or compromise platform
authentication features such as TouchID.
Following these best practices will help protect against this type of threat and make mobile authentication more secure:
- An authentication process that takes place on the server rather than loaded only after successful authentication.
- Keeping passwords off the device.
- Using authentication methods that cannot be spoofed, such as geolocation and device identifiers, is the only authentication means.
- Using two-factor authentication or multi-factor authentication combines standard username and password information as well as other secret data.
- Ensure that characters other than alphanumeric are required for passwords. A developer can request the user to identify an image or a word before the app is allowed access. Authentication methods using two factors are gaining popularity.
6. Encrypt All Data
Data encryption keeps hackers from accessing stolen data since the data will become meaningless
without the key. It is perhaps one of the fundamental things that makes app security possible. Without
data encryption access to most personal information would become very easy. For this reason, you
should rely on this technology when developing mobile apps.
To add extra security to your app, you could use anything from SSL to TLS. Encrypting the data on your
local device should be a top priority as it is the most vulnerable. Once you have your cloud server up and running, you can move forward.
7. Back up the Data
All data and the servers are stored on the back end. The developers of an app are in charge of
determining all the features and functionalities of the app. Secure your backend so that all spiteful
attacks can bounce so that you can enjoy the best security. A backend attack might result in losing all
Most APIs do not assume that any app can interact with them unless it was specifically written to do so. Although in reality, this is not the case, because transport mechanisms and API authentication can differ from platform to platform, all APIs should be checked for compatibility with the mobile platform. That is why the backend is important. The developer you choose should be able to maintain your security perfectly so you do not have data breaches.
8. Unnecessary functionalities
Unnecessary functionality can be anything associated with development or update, such as switches,
test codes, log files, backdoor, or unsecured admin endpoints.
Why is this a problem?
This can cause a variety of problems for the app owner, depending on the nature of the unnecessary
functionality. Hackers can gain access to the back end of a system, be able to execute admin-level
commands or access functionality that normal users would not normally have access to.
How can we improve the situation?
App developers should run several checks to detect backdoor or external features in an application before releasing it or updating it. Included in this are:
- Verifying the code with the assistance of an independent third party.
- All API endpoints are examined and documented.
- Examining log statements for details and descriptions.
- Testing all final releases before release.
- Verify that access to extra functionality hasn’t been accidentally granted through configuration settings.
9. Make Security a Priority
During the planning and development phases, security should always be a top priority. There is a risk that native applications could be targeted more often than web-based applications. Since the code is stored on the device once it is downloaded, it will always be accessible.
Consequently, developing secure code should be a priority for developers.You can expose your code to
severe vulnerabilities if you do not test it. Hackers can easily obtain personal information by using just a single mistake in the code.
Using encrypted code with a carefully tested set of security vulnerabilities can help you avoid that. Your app may have been uploaded and made available in the App Store, but that does not guarantee its
safety. It is a good idea to keep in mind that many applications are insecure, so you can never be sure.
10. Staying Up to Date
You must ensure that the information of your app users is secure and protected. There is an unfortunate trend in which cybercriminals and hackers continually look for loopholes in online systems, mobile apps, and websites.
Security facilities don’t work for a long time. Hackers will eventually find a loophole in your system no matter how secure it is. Staying up to date keeps you protected from the latest exploits being spread by hackers.
You’ll already be implementing your tenth security facility by the time they find a loophole in your 7th. For app development companies, updating their apps is important to fix any security loopholes in their apps and to keep their security features up to date. It is suggested that you adjust the settings on your phone so that it will update automatically.
The security risks posed by cyberattacks and data breaches must be understood by app developers.
Usability and user interface are not the only factors to consider, a lot of attention must be paid to
security. As you develop an application, security should be your top priority. Following this article’s
suggestions will definitely help you create a better and more secure version of your app.
Mobile apps are in vogue these days and every mobile user prefers to have everything just a click away. Amid the myriad of apps, developing every now and then, cross-platform apps are garnering huge popularity for working efficiently on varied platforms like Windows, Android, and iOS. There are many frameworks for developing such mobile apps and PhoneGap is one of the most prominent among them in terms of critical acclaim as well as popularity. There are several benefits of using PhoneGap and this open-source platform makes the job of developing cross-platform apps a lot easier. It is a crucial tool for corporates interested in developing business applications and for other app developers aiming to develop cross-platform apps with little effort.
Let’s have a look at the benefits of using PhoneGap and how it keeps the developers ahead of other frameworks:
1. No special skills required for development
2. App development with minimum effort
The framework is integrated with various libraries that help to enhance the application’s functionality easily, saving development time. It is a flexible tool that allows developers to develop varied mobile apps with minimum effort. It also supports a plug-in architecture model which allows the developer to extend the app functionality in a modular way.
3. Easy installation and distribution
Another advantage of using PhoneGap is that the apps developed with it can be installed easily across all mobile platforms. It also facilitates easy distribution and marketing of the application on the app store.
4. Uniform user experience
Apps developed through this tool work uniformly well on multiple platforms, avoiding differences in the look and feel of the app when run on different platforms.
5. Speedy app development
Its powerful backend system increases the speed of the development process tremendously. This greatly reduces the effort on the developer’s part. It also offers a beginner’s guide that helps to speed up the process further. The framework is especially great for businesses as they can launch a new app in minimalistic time.
6. Supports device features
Another incredible feature of this tool is that it taps into the hardware of the devices like the accelerometer, geolocation, camera, and others. This property of native apps has been incorporated into PhoneGap which allows the easy development of cross-platform apps having uniformly great user experience.
7. Open Source
It has Open Source License and provides a great app development framework for free. The PhoneGap community assembles new modules and codes for better development and makes them available without any charges.
Although some areas of this framework still require improvement, it is a robust tool for developing apps easily even without acquiring any special skillset. PhoneGap empowers companies expertizing in mobile app development to create outstanding apps equipped with innovative features in minimal time. However, while adopting this framework one has to consider factors like business needs, app requirements, and developer skill because a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach might not work for all purposes.
People are growing fond of internet-based apps and so are businesses. Entrepreneurs are adopting various apps for the majority of business processes, allowing things to be done quickly and conveniently. There are already a number of apps in the market, promising to provide both small businesses and large corporations the required boost. However, to get the maximum benefit, having a custom application that suits your specific business needs is important. Even if you turn to the companies that develop custom applications it won’t be of much help unless you chalk out the precise features you need in your app to achieve your goal.
Scrutinizing certain aspects could help you getting developed a profitable app for your business:
1. Purpose of the app
To have a profitable business app, first, you need to have a clear goal. Apps could offer a number of functionalities but before planning to have one you must know what exactly you are trying to achieve through the app. If you are planning to develop an app for your employees, you need to decide what jobs are to be accomplished through the app. Having a clear goal helps you to extract maximum benefit from the apps.
2. Unique features
Your business app must lure the customers by providing them enough reasons to use your app. You must devise strategies to provide your customers an amazing user experience through attractive features as well as offers. Including something unique in the app could make your app a lot more effective.
3. Analyzing target audience
Before having an app for clients, you must analyze your target audience thoroughly. To ensure the efficacy of a business app, extensive research is needed to understand how the customers or prospective clients interact with mobiles, what devices they prefer, and much other crucial information. Indeed, it is a tedious job but it’s an important one to make the apps successful.
4. Designing simple apps
Especially in the case of mobile apps, keeping things simple is important. Complicated apps consume too much memory and power for processing and the customers might not like it; more so, if they are using lower-end devices. Such apps also tend to perform slow, which lowers their popularity substantially. Be it for use within enterprises or for interacting with customers, people love apps that are simple to operate and completes tasks without much fuss.
5. Extensive testing
Before launching a business app, it must be extensively tested keeping in mind all the possible user interactions. A great business app should be 100% bug-free and must function smoothly. This is important, especially if you are set to launch your first app, as first impressions are the most lasting ones. A simple, smooth, and bug-free app, functioning to serve a specific purpose, becomes popular in no time.
6. Continuous monitoring and analysis
Putting efforts shouldn’t stop after the launch of the app. Right from the beginning, the apps must be monitored and analyzed well to ensure their proper functioning and to find out scopes of improvement. Every feature of your app must contribute towards a goal. Even consultation with experts for the improvement of the app is a good investment.
No one knows your business and target audience better than you and it’s you who can find out what exactly your business applications require to enhance productivity. App developers know the technicalities, but you got to suggest the ideas and let them know what exactly are you trying to achieve through the app.
When you are looking for a good machine learning framework, you would be spoilt for choice. Most ML frameworks take a long time to master, hence the choice of which one to go with needs to be made after adequate deliberation. AI and ML frameworks touch on several things at once, from image recognition to speech recognition to even handwriting recognition, apart from more rigorous mathematical and statistical methods. Let us look at the pros and cons of some of the available machine learning frameworks.
Industry experts call it the simplest machine learning network. It uses the Lua programming language mainly, although there have been other versions developed using some others too. If you have programmed using Python earlier, you will find Torch very easy to handle. When you make an error in Torch, you do not need to start over from the very beginning. You will get unlimited n-dimensional arrays to work within Torch, and all the major platforms are supported, including Linux, Windows, iOS, Android, etc.
We spoke about voice recognition and image classification earlier, and those are the hallmarks of Caffe, which means it leans more towards deep learning. It is built using C++ and was actually developed first as part of a Ph.D. project at the University of California at Berkeley. You can run this tool on Windows, Mac OS X, and Ubuntu. You can use neural networks for problem-solving, which means you can use simple text instead of formal code.
This is probably the most talked-about framework, and being developed by Google might be one of the reasons. It also works on neural networks and similar computational models like regression and classification. You can depend on it for a lot of rigorous statistical work. It uses C++ and Python for working with multiple n-dimensional arrays. The basic core of this framework is a tensor board which helps you see the entire computational logic and workflow at a glance. Despite being so popular, one strange thing about TensorFlow is that it is not compatible with another popular name, Windows.
When you use this machine learning framework, you do not work with Numpy arrays. The substitute with which you need to work is called a Spark RDD data structure. You can use this network from Apache in Java, Python, R, and Scala. You can also integrate Spark into a Hadoop workflow. The statistical tools you get when you use Spark are clustering, regression, and classification. You do not need to prepare any data to feed into its machine-learning algorithm because Spark provides you with easy-to-use label vectors.
Apart from the above names which are most common, you can also check out Mahout, Scikit, and CNTK 2. Whenever you are choosing a machine learning tool, you need to first determine what your exact goal is. Whether it is image recognition or classification, handwriting recognition, or more rigorous exercises like k-mean clustering and logistic regression, you need to select the right tool for your use.
There are a number of third-party APIs (application programming interface) which give you a lot of flexibility in how you use them. If there is a particular that works across different platforms, then it becomes imperative to use REST APIs. REST is a shortened form of Representational State Transfer. There are a number of HTTP protocol approaches like PUT, DELETE, POST, and PUT which go into the creation of a REST API. Let us look at how to develop a REST API in Yii2 framework. But before that, it is important to understand why cloud computing service providers are taking to Restful APIs in such a big way.
With an increasingly mobile/remote workforce which is relying on more robust internet connectivity, businesses are finding it more and more challenging to maintain their position in their respective industries while keeping up with global competitors and Salesforce.com are two random examples of the cloud-based Platform As A Service (PaaS) available remotely today. Let us take a simple example to see how a RESTful API can be created on a Yii2 framework.
The first thing to be done is to decide which hosting service provider you would use in order to get hosting for PHP websites. After you have created your account and signed into it, you need to create a new server for the API. The application you will be using here would be PHP stack.
After the cloud service provider for the particular location has been selected, you need to the application that will help you start building the API. Once you submit your credentials, you will be prompted to launch the SSH terminal.
At this stage, you need to use your composer to install the Yii2 framework`. There are certain commands that you will need to reach the specific folder which will begin the installation process. This won’t take too much time, and as soon as the black window autocloses, you will know that the installation has been completed.
You will need to now go to the ‘application’ tab and choose which application you want to run. The URL you will choose will have the extension /restapi/web/ and from there you will reach the main page.
To see if everything is running smoothly, you can run a trial by creating a simple database, and once that is done, you can run the database manager. After this, the use of Gii begins when you build a database model.
You can generate the model by entering the Table name as Student and also the Model name as Student. After this, you need to create a scenario of the Student Class. While continuing to stay in Gii, you need to then create a controller.
Once all this is done, you need to be able to manipulate all data fields across different platforms, for which certain API actions need to be created, like the creation of a student record, fetch all the records, update student records, and also delete unnecessary
ASP.NET SignalR is a very useful library for developers. It helps the developer to add real-time functions of the web to the applications developed using ASP.NET. This means that if you are a user who is online at a certain point in time, then SignalR can help the developer push through web content to you in real-time. Some examples of the usage of SignalR are when your webpage has any dashboards to be updated regularly or any documents that are being collaboratively worked upon by a large team simultaneously.
Historically there were two forms of SignalR that were used commonly. The first was the original library for SignalR and the newer Core SignalR library. The latest version of SignalR is to be released as version 2.4 in 2018. Apart from other new features, the biggest addition that was most widely talked about in the industry was the availability of Azure SignalR Service.
The SignalR service of Azure is complete all-inclusive support that helps a website design company to scale up the web applications in real-time. The connections do not need to be present on the application directly, so the user can scale up without exceeding the maximum throughput available.
Let us look at the three specific benefits of using Azure service for SignalR:
- All the clients would be connected to the service only. That means you do not need to worry about overloading on the server you are using, or too much load on the browsers being used.
- The backplane doesn’t need to be managed anymore inside the application. This allows you to remove the configuration completely from the app.
- All the visitors to your affordable website design would run through the Azure service, which means there will be less blocking of bandwidth for your application servers. This allows you to scale up without having to worry about the number of users who are using the app simultaneously.
While it is very easy to convert a regular ASP.NET SignalR app to use the Azure SignalR service, there are also certain limitations you need to work with. Let us take a look at some of them.
- You would need to upgrade the version of .NET that is being used on your server. The bare minimum needed is the 4.6.1 framework.
- You will not be able to service persistent connections using your Azure SignalR service. At this point, this service is not available, although we are hopeful of the necessary upgrade soon.
- Usually, clients use the JSONP protocol, but the Azure SignalR service doesn’t support it. The clients would need to upgrade to a cross-origin resource sharing protocol.
Even with these limitations, the benefits provided by Azure SignalR service are big enough to have both the industry as well as users excited. We are sure that whatever glitches we see at present would be ironed out in the upcoming releases. There are several service providers who would be more than willing to offer their services to help you migrate.
There are some monolithic frameworks which can be used for building interfaces. But there are also some progressive frameworks which can be designed from scratch and are quite flexible in their use. One such progressive framework is Vue.js, whose name sounds like ‘view’ probably because the core library used in it is mostly concerned with the view layer of the framework.
If you have a current project, you can easily assimilate Vue.js with the existing framework. In case you do not need to integrate it, you can also use Vue.js with single page applications. The most popular application of Vue.js which is encountered by anyone who is getting trained in website design services is the Hello World code. Some of the other tricks which a Vue.js learner quickly learns are declarative rendering, conditionals, loops, composing etc. There are a number of Vue.js frameworks and libraries that can be used by you in your projects. Let us look at some of the most popular and useful ones.
This is a user interface (UI) kit for the upgraded version of Vue.js and has got great ratings everywhere. This library has an inbuilt CLI tool which you can use for scaffolding your projects. You will also find a number of easy to use API, detailed documentation and useful demos. The UI components of IView have been used by a number of well-known names like Lenovo, Alibaba, and others.
This is another popular library providing Vue.js user interfaces. You will find its output very simple and tidy, and this library adheres to all guidelines of YOOTheme. You can choose from a large number of default themes provided. If you want more, Vuikit can also provide customized themes for your use.
3. Onsen UI Vue
The UI components in Onsen are designed in such a way that they can act reactively to all props received by you. This library is most useful for hybrid apps. It provides a Vue-like API which can interact with the core web components developed by a website development company. This allows it to emulate all the iOS as well as Android guidelines for UI.
4. Semantic UI Vue
This is specifically for use in the Semantic UI. Although it hasn’t gone live yet, it is being developed quickly and would soon be available. The API of this framework is quite similar to that of Semantic UI. The themes available can be used as they are, or they could also be customized as per requirement, using the NPM module.
5. Element UI
This is another toolkit that is compatible with Vue.js 2.0, just like IView we mentioned above. All types of users would find it useful. You can choose from any of the 3 languages it is available in, depending on which project it is being used for.
The above 5 are just some of the choices available. Because there has been a lot of activity in the Vue.js community, there are new variants being created almost on a daily basis, and the excitement has only just begun.
Whether someone needs to find out about the day’s weather, or get some help with their fitness goals, or simply needs to find a good restaurant in a new locality they are visiting, there is some or the other web or mobile app to help them. Once they have used these tools to gather information, they do not always go to the physical store now, as was the norm earlier. They complete most of their purchases from their desktop or phone.
If you are a business owner who is targeting online business from customers instead of wanting to get them to buy from your physical store, then the most important tool you need is a good e-commerce platform. This would enable the customer to complete the transaction conveniently and securely so that you can dispatch after getting confirmation of the order. There are two popular e-commerce platforms which are generally favored by many business owners or webmasters – Magento and WooCommerce. Like many other web app development products, these two platforms also have their loyal supporters. Let us look at them a bit costlier and try to do an unbiased comparison.
The first point of difference is that Magento is an open source platform, whereas WooCommerce is an open source platform built on top of the WordPress website builder. So, while both are open source platforms, WooCommerce is par for the course and comes with the territory when you have used WordPress to build your website.
But for a user, the first and more important point of comparison is the cost involved. This is especially true for a small company that is just starting off. Although the prices are not available for open viewing, users have informed that the paid version of Magento is quite costly, but that cost provides you with lots of features and good support. On the other hand, WooCommerce is available free with WordPress, but you have to pay separately for domain names, SSL certification etc.
The next point of comparison that is more important for a business that is just starting off is how easy (or difficult the platform is to use). Resources would be limited, so it is expected that the business owner wouldn’t be able to employ specials for every aspect of the business, like website development or app development, and would be likely to be handling everything on their own. So the platform for e-commerce must be easy to set up and use. In our opinion, Magento has some incredible features but those features would be better harnessed by someone who has a knowledge of the development process. Because of its automatic link to WordPress, WooCommerce is comparatively easier to use. You need to become conversant with the installation and use of plugins.
The final point of comparison is how well they stack up a few years down the line when your business has grown. We already spoke of the comparatively higher setup costs for Magento. This is replicated when you try to scale up for most users. On the other hand, WooCommerce gives you some more options to keep your costs low while you are expanding, allowing you to plan for the addition of more features and incorporating more application development features.
For years we have read books and seen movies about the way robots and machines will take over our world. We have been fed scenarios of how machines would develop human thinking abilities and ultimately replace humans. In the last few years, a lot of progress has been seen in making this a reality, and artificial reality is today all set to be a part of our regular lives rather than stay in the realm of fantasy. Let us take a look at five ways in which AI (artificial intelligence) is already changing our lives.
1. Facial Recognition
If you have been even slightly regular on Facebook, all this month you would have seen people upload a current picture of themselves along with a 10-year-old picture of themselves. Although this trend became viral as a harmless game, there are people who said it is a ploy to get tons of data to help recognize Facebook’s facial recognition algorithm. Machine reading of faces for allowing access, providing medical records, finding a family tree, the possibilities of facial recognition are endless. Many a website design and development company has invested in facial recognition already, and this year we hope to see more use cases in everyday life.
2. Personalized News Feeds
With a Facebook page open, try booking an airline ticket online. For the next few days, your Facebook feed will have lots of stories about airlines, hotels, and car rentals. This is just one example of the use of AI to get more relevant feeds to every person. Whether it is music, films, news, sports, or books, AI will continue to be used to come up with more pertinent suggestions.
The principle premise of AI has been to allow machines to ’think’ like humans, but not too much progress has been made on making machines ‘feel’ like humans. As the virtual assistants (more on that later) answer more and more queries and do more and more jobs for you, their answers and suggestions will become less of fact-providing and more on understanding your needs.
4. Virtual Assistant
The personal assistant has already become quite ubiquitous, being used from everything to playing music to giving weather updates and controlling lights and temperatures in the house, etc. The interesting thing about virtual assistants is that they not only highlight the great features of AI but also give you the benefits of machine learning, with the assistant learning to understand what you like or don’t like.
This is one of the areas with the greatest potential to change our lives for the better. Doctors and diagnostic facilities have already begun to use AI for intelligent data mining from patient health records. The biggest intervention is expected in the area of correct diagnosis of a health problem using the right combination of symptoms, recent medical history, and family medical history. Less common, perhaps, but more far-reaching, would be the use of machine intelligence in areas like genome sequencing for getting cures for life-threatening diseases. The five examples above are just some ways in which AI has already begun to affect our life and work, and beyond this, the possibilities are just endless. AI is also being adopted by many websites designing companies in India.