Many of us cannot live without the convenience of food delivery. Recently, ordering food online and having it delivered to your home rather than having it delivered outside seems much more convenient. There has been a tremendous increase in demand for food delivery apps like Uber Eats, Grubhub, and Grab (Southeast Asia) during the past year. Due to security regulations and lockdown, people cannot eat in restaurants and diners.
Having become an immediate hit on the Play Store and App Store, these apps prove to be a business idea poised for success. Therefore, now is the perfect time to launch your very own food delivery service.
Why is an app so necessary for food businesses?
Mobile apps can help you stay ahead of the competition by increasing user convenience, eliminating the need for computer use, and enhancing the user experience. A mobile-friendly website can help you attract new audiences of people who like to use their mobile devices for everything.
Your employees can also use your mobile app to get directions, set delivery times, amend orders, and keep track of all delivery steps through the app.
How do you get started with creating your food delivery app? Let us find out.
How does this On-Demand Food delivery App work?
You should start by collaborating with nearby restaurants and food vendors if you want to create a food delivery app. You can then offer users the choice of over twenty different cuisines. Restaurants and firms must work together to make these apps successful. Food delivery mobile applications should be built as one unit that works together.
Many entrepreneurs do not know what determines food delivery app development costs, so they are hesitant about starting such a business. Costs are determined by factors such as how many points of interaction there would be. Here is how it works:
- User Search: The user chooses a dish from a list of restaurants. To make the decision-making process easier and more effective, our experts add various filters to the application.
- User Confirms Order: An order is confirmed, and a method of payment is selected. In-app payments can be made using COD, credit cards, debit cards, e-wallets, or E-wallet integration.
- Restaurant Confirms the Order: The user confirms the order with the restaurant once the process is complete and shares an estimated timeframe for when the food will be delivered.
- Restaurant Prepares the Food: Delivery of the ordered food is handled by the restaurant.
- Valet Is Assigned: Your delivery valet is assigned to your order as soon as the food is prepared.
- Valet Collects Order: In most cases, the valet will collect an order once it has been prepared, and then deliver it.
- Order Delivered: Upon delivery, the valet will take care of the order.
Food Delivery App Development Challenges and Solutions
The basic marketing challenges are another aspect of your business that may cause you to guess your investment in food delivery app development second.
1. A competitive Market Could Be Scary
Establishing a foothold and your ground in the market may be challenging with some of the big names already present. It can take time to accumulate in the market, but you need interesting features, prompt responses, and credible services to be successful.
2. Partner with Various Restaurants
A few big names have already partnered with restaurants and shared profits with them. The restaurants will find it increasingly difficult to build new collaborations as time goes by. It will be a challenge to convince them to collaborate with you. Partner with fewer food delivery apps and reach restaurants that do not use a lot of food delivery services.
3. Building an Impressive and Stable UI/UX
Your developer must give attention to the transitions between the various panels when developing the app. If one can make an app easy to understand and with clear transitions, one can surely improve its popularity and functionality.
4. Choosing the Right Set of Features
The development of mobile apps for food delivery can present another challenge. A highly competitive and revenue-generating app only requires a set of features that will have a strong competitive edge.
5. Right developer Can Change the Game
Hiring the right developer is the first step to getting a business online. They can inform you of the latest trends in tech. Study their market value and client testimonials. These are some factors you should consider when looking for a contractor.
6. Choosing the Right Business Model
Business models also play a role in determining the cost of a food delivery app. You can find here several ways that you can use your food delivery app idea from app developers. By addressing these challenges, you can ace the food delivery app market like a pro.
Types of Food Delivery Mobile and Web App
You need to understand that food delivery start-ups are currently dominating the market if you are thinking of creating an app that delivers food.
1. Aggregator Food Delivery Apps
Restaurant apps are serviced offered by second platforms through which customers can connect to restaurants. Customers place food orders through these apps and the restaurants receive them. Their responsibility does not include delivering the order to the customers. Restaurants are responsible for that. Apps like this are only useful for big restaurants with integrated delivery systems since they do not include logistics support.
2. Apps with Logistics Support
Furthermore, the previous features, this model offers delivery services as well. Food is transported from the respective restaurants to the doorsteps of customers by third-party delivery personnel. They are also suitable for small-scale restaurants without delivery services, which offers a better market potential for these types of apps. App aggregators cannot make a profit due to their business model. As a result, if you would like to develop a popular food delivery app you must follow this strategy.
3. Dedicated Restaurant App
A food delivery application like this can be beneficial to your restaurant business. A delivery system already in place at an established restaurant will suit it. An exclusive app allows their customers to order their favourite dishes quickly and easily. The company gains the opportunity to reach a larger audience simultaneously.
Food Delivery App – Restaurant Panel
Restaurant owners will also have to register and log in to the app directly, and they must submit additional information to confirm the business’ authenticity. By creating documentation on the food delivery app, the developers will be able to explain to restaurant owners how the app will work.
- Dashboard: Upon creating an account, the restaurant owner is redirected to the dashboard, which is their home page. For a better understanding of how everything is going, they can monitor the pending orders, completed orders, and those which are in transit.
- Accept or Decline Orders: Food delivery apps are mostly developed to ensure food will be delivered on time, as this is crucial for their success. In the event of a delay, a customer may cancel an order and count that delay as a loss, which can negatively impact the reputation of the company. The driver is the only one who can accept or reject the order, since not all restaurants offer delivery.
- Manage Restaurant Account: Owners of restaurants can create an account by adding photos, names, logos, food images, hours of operation, minimum order quantities, and menus with prices and delivery times. The owners can also offer specific discounts for specific items. It affects how much an app costs to develop.
- Payment: Depending on the preferences of the user, users can use banks, PayPal, Wallet, etc., to make payments. As well as displaying all the history, you can also display daily revenue reports.
Food Delivery App-Rider Panel
Whenever a customer asks us how to create a food delivery app in India, the first thing that we ask them is whether they would like riders.
- Login: Riders will be able to log in using login credentials provided by the admin.
- Order Request: Orders will be assigned to locations based on the customer’s location when placing an order. Order-specific information will appear for every order, including the order ID, name of the customer, and delivery address. A delivery request can be accepted or rejected through an application. They can also enable customers to view their information if permitted.
- Order Delivery: Once the customer’s order has been accepted, he/she will deliver the order to the customer and complete the process. The order status will be maintained every step of the way, for example, concerning when it was placed, packed, or delivered.
- Order History/Logs: Upon accepting the customer’s order, he/she will deliver it to the customer and complete the transaction. Throughout the process, for example, when an order is placed, packed, or delivered, the status will be kept updated.
- Call/Chat: Integrated in-app calling and messaging features are included in the Zomato app development costs. The delivery person and customer can communicate more easily as a result.
- Push Notifications: If there is an update from the restaurant panel or customer panel, the delivery boy will receive a push notification.
- Wallet/Get Paid Offline: Weekly or monthly, the admin pays the delivery person. The delivery boy can receive payment in an in-app wallet or a bank account if he has an in-app wallet.
- GPS Tracking: The restaurant and the customer need to track the location of the delivery boy. GPS tracking also lets the customer know the exact location where to meet the delivery boy.
- Transaction History: The documentation for food ordering apps must include this crucial element. Within a few seconds, the delivery boy can view his past transactions and ascertain his total earnings.
- Online Support: Your app should have this feature. A delivery boy may contact the support team in case of numerous difficulties, which could need immediate attention.
- Google Map Navigation: Identifying the address of the customer and being able to navigate to his location through Google can be beneficial if the delivery boy handles delivering the order.
Food Delivery Mobile Application – User Panel
After successfully downloading and installing the app from Google Play or Apple App Store, customers are required to register and log in to the app.
- Login: You can integrate your Facebook or Gmail account with our login process to make it as easy as possible.
- Location: It is highly important to choose a location when it comes to developing a food delivery app. According to the user’s location, a list of available restaurants is displayed, as well as an estimate of delivery time.
- Homepage: The importance of the homepage, as well as its features, must be well studied when developing an app like Zomato. Show off nearby restaurants, favourite dishes, and other information on your app that your customers might find interesting.
- Menu: A mobile food aggregator app features this feature as well. Customers can review their order and other details before submitting their payment.
- Set Pickup on the Map: If you want to have the app recognize your exact location, you can either manually enter your pickup location on the map or use GPS to automatically pick it up.
- Payment: The final payment is made once all has been checked and verified. Choose the best method for each user from among the many available payment methods.
- Review Screen: As part of the cost of developing a delivery app, a review section will already be included. Customers can review individual restaurants and leave detailed comments.
- Past order: Make reordering easier by displaying past orders in the app.
- Offers and Discounts: Let your customers know what offers and discounts are available at their favourite restaurants. Delivering apps should include push notifications as an important feature.
- Contact Information: If a customer must contact the restaurant or a rider must contact the restaurant or a rider must contact the customer, ensure the information shared for clear communication is updated.
- Track Delivery Boy: Get real-time information about the delivery boy’s exact location.
- Search: Apps that deliver food on-demand must include this section at the top of the home page. Price comparison is key when looking at food delivery apps. We need to let users deliver a specific dish with a variety of prices and search by food name.
- Refine Search: Furthermore, entrepreneurs and firms can also utilize filters to filter things like delivery time, reviews, and prices, and the list can be sorted by users’ preferences of ascending or descending price order.
This is certainly a long read. Take advantage of it to increase your revenue and take your business to new heights. In a market where Zomato and similar applications have been around for years, finding a way to compete is pretty challenging. Deliveries of food will continue to grow in popularity in the future. Technology provides many advantages, and the best option is to use a mobile app to be competitive. You can optimize your business when you let your customers order food from anywhere.